Re: [W] Quickcam cap rate. HELP WIN 95 USERS!

John R. Haggis (haggis@cesium.com)
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 03:52:25 -0800

Well, Andrew, everything looks good but the Win95. I don't know how much
native 32-bit stuff is in CUSM, and I doubt there is any in QuickMovie, and
some 16-bit apps are iffy in W95. I've seen a couple of complaints on this
list that CUSM under W95 is a dog, so there may be a problem with
QuickMovie. If it is a 16-bit app, it's got to go through
driver-translation layers in the OS probably to go from 16-bit API to the
32-bit video drivers. Oh but QuickCam has 16-bit drivers? Obviously over
my head, but I fear the worst with Frankenstein-style patching together of
drivers... [insert various disparaging remarks about Bill Gates and how
he's enjoying your money while you sweat the details here].

Um, sorry this isn't more help. Please, others using W95, can you comment
and get some real info here?

- John

--
John R. Haggis            haggis@cesium.com