Re: Need Audio help

John R. Haggis (haggis@cesium.com)
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 04:03:08 -0800

Your Xmit cap is WAY too high. I'm having good luck (on a 128K T1) limiting
my Xmit rate to about 10-20 Kbps. (Use the low end when you're connecting
to people on 28.8 modems.) At 80 Kbps, with either direct connect or on a
reflector, video reception slows to a crawl, my video transmission gets all
broken up on the receivers' ends, and audio is impossible. When I decrease
the cap to about 12, everything works.

If you're on a 56K line, you should be able to do 30-40 Kbps when connected
to someone of the same or higher speed, as long as they set similar Xmit
limitations.

I had good luck connecting to another 128K site with a cap of 80.

- John

--
John R. Haggis            haggis@cesium.com
Millennium Research