Re: Help please

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:23:14 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Jan 1994, judell wrote:

> Why do I keep getting a no response message from a reflector that I know
> is up & running. I can see me with my Quickcam but can't connect to
> anyone else. Runing a Quadra 660AV, lots of ram Latest version of
> software.Help please

Greetings:
First of all, what machine platform do you have (i.e. - IBM PC Compatable,
MacIntosh, etc.)? I don't know what a "Quadra 660AV" is (sorry).
Second, how are you connecting to the internet (ethernet, modem, etc), and
what software are you connecting with (Trumpet WinSock, Chameleon, etc.)?
let me give you a "shopping list" of what WE need to better troubleshoot
these type of problems:

1. Machine type/platform (i.e. - Gateway2000/IBM Compat.)
2. Internet connection hardware (i.e. - network card or modem)
3. Internet connection software (i.e. - Trumpet, Chameleon, etc)
4* *** Complete list of ANY related error messages and/or listing
of what the error condition is!
5. MODEM USERS: What baud rate are you connecting at. Modem type
and brandname are not really required, but could help!
6. Any other factor that you feel *might* make a difference in the
performance of your CU-SeeMe connection.

Please keep in mind that these items are somewhat universal and intramental
in solving atleast 90% of the CU-issues on this list. I also believe there's
a FAQ list somewhere that outlines these basics, but I don't have that list.
Anyways, please let me know what you have (from the above list), and I'll
see what I can do to assist you.

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"
"http://www.apci.net/~derskine"