Re: real audio parallel in cu-seeme?

Joshua Pollak (jpollak@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us)
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 10:18:04 +0000

At 03:33 PM 1/26/96 -0500, Royal Hansen <royal.hansen@yale.edu> wrote:
>Does anyone know if there is an application like CU-SeeMe that parallels
>the audio functionality of RealAudio in video? Can you receive streams
>of digital video that are played in (real) time on a helper to your web
>browser? I know you can download a quicktime file and then play it, but
>can you do it with out the download?
>Royal Hansen

Xing gives away its Streamer (?) real-time video plugin for Netscape. Its
audio sucks compared to RealAudio, and I personaly have never gotten a video
feed to work, but you might want to check it out:

http://www.xing.com/

Auj.
01.85=08.17.95 | Joanie: "I'm pretty good at breakfast, too."
17=01.13.96 | Rick: 8^o
133.16.1200.288 | -G. B. Trudeau
Physics was invented to explain why arithmetic is sometimes wrong.