Re:help-no response error

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 20:00:43 -0600

>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 96 13:20:20 -0800
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: john mullaly <mullaly@NorthNet.org>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: help-no response error
>
>Out of 200 reflectors I can conect to about 5, everything else is noe
>response. When I telnet to these no responses I get a log on prompt, so I
>know they are workin. I'm using trunpet winsock configured for ppp.
> Any ideas?
> John

Telnet only shows that the COMPUTER is up and running. This doesn't
necessarily prove that the reflector program is running at the time. These
computers that run the reflector software are multi-tasking computers, and
they run lots of programs at the same time. Look at it this way....Your PC
is up and running Windows, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you have
CU-seeMe loaded. or Lotus, or WordPerfect, etc.

I find that I frequently have to restart Windows before I can connect to
reflectors. Also I have learned recently that some versions of the
reflector code will give you a "No Response" message if you are the first
person to connect to it. Keep on trying.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/