Re:"washed out"

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 18:43:21 -0600

>Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 08:37:03 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: fc5178a@american.edu (Frank J. Cuccias)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: "washed out"
>
>When I run my QuickCam on my 486/66 PC under QuickMovie it looks great and I
>can adjust my screen accordingly. When I run it under CUSeeMe, howevers, it
>goes hazy and washed out. The settings are consistent. What am I doing
>wrong here? Any help would be helpful. Thanks!
>____________________________________
>Frank J. Cuccias at The American University
>fc5178a@american.edu

I have the same problem.

Under File/Video Setup/ Video Format, if I choose 16 greys and click OK,
then under the File/Video Setup choose 16 greys packed, it looks fine, 64
greys gives me the good old double image at the bottom third of the window,
and 256 greys give me the same thing, but with better contrast.

Under File/Video Setup/ Video Format, if I choose 64 greys and click OK,
then under the File/Video Setup choose 16 greys packed, it looks like an LSD
trip, 64 greys gives me a good picture, and 256 greys give me the washed out
picture as you described.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe