Re: chat window

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:52:53 -0600

At 10:01 PM 1/11/97 GMT, you wrote:
>i am connecting to one other person - UK <-> USA - with enhanced CUseeme and
>we can get the video ok but the audio is just static. What is worse than
>that however is the chat window which seems to work spasmodically. We type
>things in at either end but they don't seem to meet up in the same chat
>window! any ideas?

I can't explain WHY this works, but I found that if I have my transmit
settings too high, my chat will receive, but not send. I usually connect at
24000 or sometimes 26400, but I only transmit at 20k. You might need to
drop it down to 18k to get it to work consistantly, especially when
communicating with someone "across the pond".

Bill Woodland (Squeek)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW