Re: Self DC problems

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 01:05:13 -0600

At 01:52 PM 1/19/97 +1100, you wrote:
>I tried twice to connect to my own IP address
>for a self-test. Another user suggested I do
>this. Both times my E-CuSeeMe software locked
>up. Can anybody advise what might have been the
>problem?
>
>Joe Lindsey

Don't connect to your own IP, rather connect to 127.0.0.1 or use the
"connect to self" option. This causes a loopback so you can see yourself.
If you want, you can go to 204.64.168.209 at conference 1, which is set up
for self reflect. Be forewarned...even your CHAT gets reflected back at
you, so you see TWICE everything you type.

Bill Woodland (Squeek)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW