Re: CuSeeMe and Firewalls

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:07:34 -0600

At 04:12 PM 1/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>About 2 weeks ago we loaded Enhanced CuSeeMe on 5 computers on our WAN.
>We spent a week practicing without problem by connecting to a number of
>public reflectors. About a week ago we lost the ability to
>successfully connect to any reflector. Around the same time an outside
>technician did work on the firewall of our WAN. We still have the
>ability to transmit/receive both video/audio on the WAN by direct
>connections(IP address)
>
>Are the any other possible problems we should eliminate before calling
>the technician back to check the firewall?
>
>Jack O'Donnell
>Ill. High School District 230
>Tinley Park Il

Nope. If you can still use it internally, then it sounds to me like the guy
now has the firewall set to block UDP packets. Tell him to allow UDP ports
7640-7648 to be passed thru, and I bet that will solve your problem.

Bill Woodland (Squeek)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW