Re: always minimized???

Yours Truly (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 01:17:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 dms@cwws.net wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> Quick question. When I start CU-SEEME, it comes up with no screen, only
> the audio portion. Is something wrong? I'm using win95, and a 16bit
> version netscape 3.01, and dialer, i know i know, 16 bit...but when i
> try to make the 32bit version work, i can dial but get nothing from
> netscape, anyhoo..why does CU-SeeMe ALWAYS come up with no interface? i
> used it a while ago to watch a shuttle launch, and it worked fine, but
> now...nothing! Please send help!

Sounds like you're using some proprietary winsock (not the Win95 Dial-Up
Networking). I did some computer consulting for a bunch of people and I
noticed that companies like IDT and MCI like to completely mess-up your
system with 16bit Winsock stacks and who knows what else. It seems these
companies are too lazy to write a separate installation routines for Win95
and just leave your system completely at their mercy. Besides, they don't
want you to use application such as Iphone or CUSeeme for obvious reasons.

Just a thought,
Ron