Re: Black screen

Yours Truly (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:48:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Bill Woodland (Squeek) wrote:

> True, I WOULD say that the Color Quickcam requires more memory, but I bet
> that's NOT the problem here. This guy is using an A/B switch, and the first
> thing I would check is does it pass thru all 25 lines? MOST of the newer
> A/B switches do switch all 25 lines, but some of the older ones do not.
> Most printers don'tuse all 25 pins, but devices like the Zip drive and the
> Quickcam DO use all of them.

If the guy is having a problem with his parallel port A/B switch, it may
be because it's not built for EPP/ECP. I've seen EPP/ECP 1/3 switch boxes
for $25 (either in JDR's PC-component catalog or MEI pc-storage catalog),
on the same page with non-EPP 1/4 boxes for $10-$15. Maybe it has
something to do with it.

Ron