[Fwd: Re: Only slow pictures, no movements]

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 23:35:41 -0600

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 23:34:27 -0600
From: "Mark L. Bardenwerper" <bardenwe>
To: carl.sohlberg@mailbox.swipnet.se
Subject: Re: Only slow pictures, no movements

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 at 10:24:04
(Eva) Carl Sohlberg wrote:

> I'm trying to run CuSeeMe 0.85b1 (PPC) on my Mac Performa 5200 A/V PPC
> with a well working TV card. 8 mb ram, plus RamDoubler.It has a APM
> 14.4 internal modem, port speed 57600 in the Config PPP.
>
> I gave CuSeeMe 6000 ram and use the default settings, but get only
> very slowly growing pictures, square by square, no movements.
>
> - Is this the best i could expect?

Possibly. With a 14,400 modem, don't expect skyrockets.

> I tried to download the FAQ from ftp.cu-seeme.cornell.edu, as
> given in the ReadMe basic, but Archie told me there is no such > address.

Here is a brief list of helpful sights:

<http://www.indstate.edu/CU-SeeMe/all_archives.html>
<http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW/>
<http://home.stlnet.com:80/~hubble/cuseeme/setup.htm>
<http://goliath.wpine.com/cu-seeme.html>

Just poke at your search engine and I'm sure that you will find out
more.

Mark L. Bardenwerper #:?)