Re: Quick Cam and ATI Wonder TV Card - Help

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 03 Jan 1998 22:18:51 -0600

At 10:27 PM 1/3/98 -0500, Dave wrote:
>Hello Bill
>
>Thank you for the information - it worked great in getting the QuickCam
>to be active rather than the TV Tuner.
>
>Now I have another problem. The picture that CuSeeMe brings up is all
>washed out. I have gone through the Net and hooked in with my other
>computer (a Mac) and the image that is being broadcast is the same which
>is displayed on the PC - all washed out.
>
>Using the same lighting conditions, when bring up the QuickCam software
>(Connectix - latest version) the picture is as it should be.
>
>Any ideas.
>
>Thanks once again.
>
>Dave

Go to View/Prefs/Video, then click on the FORMAT button, then set it to 16
greys. The Cornell v.92b2 doesn't support the 64 greys.

The quickcam.ini file holds the format information for the various
applications which use the camera. Here's what mine looks like:

[Cuseem32]
Size40=3D4
Xfermode=3D5

[quickcam]
LPT=3D0
AutoBrightness=3D0
Brightness=3D191
Contrast=3D74
WhiteBalance1=3D152

[Cu-seeme]
Size40=3D4
Xfermode=3D5

[Qpict32]
Size40=3D4
Xfermode=3D5

[Icuii]
Size40=3D4
Xfermode=3D5

[Qmovie32]
Size40=3D4
Xfermode=3D5

The entry in your quickcam.in file for [Cu-seeme] probably had Xfermode=3D7
instead of Xfermode=3D5.

Personal web page: http://www.realtime.com/~wcw
CU-SeeMe page: http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW