Re: USR BigPicture uses Hauppauge capture card?

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Sun, 04 Jan 1998 17:17:54 -0500

At 04:31 PM 1/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm still shopping for a good camera. I liked what Mark B. had to say about
>his Hauppauge card, but I'd rather get everything in one box. I've heard a
>rumour that the USR BigPicture uses an OEM'd Hauppauge capture card (a la
>WinTV, but sans tuner). Can someone confirm whether there is any truth to
>this?
>
>Thanks a lot,
>Bruce

If you just need a camera, www.surplusauction.com has been auctioning off
packard-bell cameras in the digital camera section. Has built in microphone,
rca video output, etc. Looks like what might be sold with the pigpicture
setup. Got one to use with my SO's mac A/V card. Works with my OEM winnov
A/V card also (which are going for ~$49-59 at www.onsale.com in the
multimedia section).