Re: Zoomed Video & Powerbook G3 & Krittercam

Bill Ryan (bryan@wpine.com)
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:32:05 -0500

The vDig used by the KritterCam (zoomed video vdig...aka 'chip') has a
known problem with it.

We've worked with Apple engineers to resolve the problem. They've
identified it on their end and we are awaiting their release of the updated
vdig.

We'll post to CU-SeeMe mailing list when it is available and where to find it.

FWIW...there is also a problem with the DESKTOP G3 AV's vdig as well. Apple
has also fixed this and it should be available soon as well.

Bill

>I am new to the list and have a question. I have a Powerbook G3, a 33.6
>modem, a Krittercam (IREZ Research) using Zoomed Video. First of all, I'm
>new to CU-SeeMe and haven't a clue what I'm doing and second I'm not sure I
>have all the correct components. I also have a stereo microphone. Does
>CU-SeeMe support the Krittercam and is any one out there using or has
>anyone used a similar configuration. Secondly, I don't know where to
>connect to test this. I have tried the IP Test address at Cornell
>132.236.91.204, but I get the message
>No Response. What am I doing wrong?
>Thanks in advance, Will Nelson, wmnelson@inlandnet.com

Bill Ryan (bill@wpine.com) http://www.wpine.com
White Pine Software, Inc. http://www.cuseeme.com
542 Amherst Street PH: 603-886-9050 x351 Tu/Fri
Nashua, NH 03063 603-529-5070 Mon/Wed/Thur

"Art is the expression of the profoundest thoughts in the simplest way"
- Albert Einstein