Re: HELP! I AM DROWNING!

Tue, 6 Jan 1998 08:20:41 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Raymond Rugemalira wrote:
> 1. Is it sufficient to have CU-SeeMe version 0.92b2 installed in two
> machines to allow communication between the two of them through the
> Internet if both IP addresses are known? Or does the communication need
> to go via a reflector? I have perused through the manuals and have
> learnt that the reflector is for multi-point communication. Nothing is
> said about point-to-point communication.

Yeah...just type in the IP of the other machine and if the other computer
has CU loaded, it should connect ok.

> 2. I have several IP addresses of reflectors but have never been able to
> connect to any of them. The cryptic messages I get are of no help in
> trouble-shooting. i.e. connecting to (IP #), unable to connect to (IP
> #). What are the most common causes of the latter message?

If you've never been able to connect to any addresses, something may be
wrong with your network connection. Most common cause though is that the
reflector is down. There's a huge list of active reflectors at
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan?age=0