Re: Please *HELP* w/CU and AOL

Tue, 6 Jan 1998 08:25:41 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, ike relucio wrote:
> My ISP says it is the quality of the phone lines in my area. I don't think
> so. I've an account with another ISP and i've never encountered this
> problem if I connect to that one.

Sounds like something is going on with the handshaking with PPP or
something. It can't handle the influx of packets..dunno..just a guess.
Does it happen with other UDP type programs that stream data to you? (Real
Audio/Video or Internet Phone for example)

It sounds similiar to the bug in the earlier USR Sportster modems that
caused it to hang up when receiving and sending data at the same time.
Except you've used the same modem fine with another ISP.