Re: Some trouble connecting !

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 21:54:51 -0600

At 09:50 AM 1/6/98, J-C wrote:
>I run Windows for workgroup 3.11 and got a connection to an Internet
>provider via a modem (28.8). I've copied the files to my windows directory
>that I need to run CU (ivslider.dll, msvideo.dll and ctl3d.dll (the one
>that I got is the same in my system directory)) and I still got the
>message Gethostbyname() failed (11001) and unable to create the (invisible)
>network window. I've tried with a hosts file but I think that it's not
needed.

>thanks for help
>
>jcdostie

Were you connected to the internet at the time? CU won't work at all
unless you have a valid connection to the net. =20

As far as the hosts file goes, I agree that you shouldn't need one. The
email msg you sent was from quev01.nwb.qc.ca [209.47.11.33]). I used
WSHost to search for quev01.nwb.qc.ca and it returned 209.47.11.33, and I
did a search for 209.47.11.33 and it returned quev01.nwb.qc.ca

Personal web page: http://www.realtime.com/~wcw
CU-SeeMe page: http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW