Re: Which Cam Should I Purchase?

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 20:51:10 -0500

At 08:33 PM 1/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
> I am brand new (or newer) to CU-See-Me. I have decided that although I
>own a pretty good video cam, I would rather purchase a digital cam than buy
>a capture card ( I will most likely buy a card later for other purposes).
>If anyone has a strong opinion that this is the wrong course of action, I
>would like to hear what you have to say. I am the considering purchasing
>the 'Connectix Color QuickCam 2', but I am uncertain. I know there are
>many different cams available and I would greatly appreciate and and all
>feedback regarding which camera offers the best quality audio and video.
>Naturally, I want the best performance.

If you are interested in the quickcam 2, you might want to check the video
conference section at:

http://www.onsale.com/category/Multimedia.htm

They have 60 of them on auction tonight with bids starting at $89 (I doubt
they will all be sold, so you can probably get one for that plus about $10
for shipping).