Re: Which Cam Should I Purchase?

Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:21:31 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Ask wrote:
> One drawback I see is that the VC is color only, sure would rather
> have option for a nice clean sharp "grayscale" image....

Yep..it's quite ironic in a way...I remember when the Color Quickcam first
came out. It didn't support B&W either. Everyone complained said it was
a waste of money, etc. B&W and 8-bit color didn't get added into the
drivers for a few months. It seems Connectix is doing the same thing with
the VC...The only difference I can see this time is that there's more
support for color than there was before. If it's just a matter of their
driver supporting it, it's the same sitation as before. I wonder if
they'll ever release drivers for it that support B&W.