Re: multiple ref conf

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:35:22 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Digisite wrote:
> With Brian Godetts enhanced ref......how do ya get vids from one conference to
> show up in other conference at the same time.......like is done on Stackers
> ref and I believe on Doorway ref??????

I don't know how Stacker does it since Stacker dislikes me...but I do know
about the Doorway. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get vids from
one conference to show up in another (I've suggested this to White Pine..
sort of like a BCC within the same reflector..linking IDs when needed).
The way Doorway does it (and Turbosex) is by setting up a root ID. Then
they give members access to the root ID which doesn't have a time limit.
With a time limit on ID 0, it allows people to try out the reflector on ID
0 and see everyone connected to ID 0 and the root ID. I believe with
Brian's monitor IDs, only people on the root ID can see people on monitor
IDs..though I'm not sure. I haven't messed with the monitor IDs much.

The problem with letting members (or the public at large) onto the root ID
is that it limits the reflector. With everyone on the root ID, you can't
have separate private conferences on the reflector (The root ID would see
people on private conferences as well)