Re: A vote of thanks !

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:24:32 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Rick Miller wrote:
> Jason , thanks so much for your response ! on greyscale
> pics on cu and modems .

Glad to help :)

> One question I have about your reflector , or reflectors in
> general. Can a group of , lets say 4 people connect to your , or
> another Ref , and chat privately . If so how , with out others prying
> in or observing !

Not usually..that would require a separate ref where a group of 4 could be
alone. Perhaps whoever is working on Geek32 for the PC (and GeekTalk 2.0
for the Mac...Chris :)) could accomplish something like this. Right now,
private chat is limited to one person at a time..though I don't see why
this couldn't be extended to a group.

> I understand when I am sending video , everyone on the ref can see
> me , and can close my pic . My ex lives in Va., fiance' lives in
> Victoria Canada and Daughter is here in her room with her own Computer
> and camera . We want to connect and all be seen and have a group chat,
> but have nothing to hide , just wondered if its possible to block others
> from seeing us?

As far as the vid goes...nope..you'd need a private reflector (or an empty
reflector) to do that.