Re: CORNELL as in Ithaca.....

Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:14:08 -0600

Patrick Daly wrote:

> This list has become a joke. People whine over attachments, over why
> they are getting the mail? While two or three people serve as tech
> surrort for White Pine. Personaly I believe this to be the CORNELL
> software discussion list NOT White Pine. As a Mac User I have NO good
> words for the White Pine Product. I compare it to MS Word on the Mac,
> cluncky interface and way to big for what it is meant to do. So I would
> like White Pine to set up a list for their product, using their
> resources (server, listserver). This is not the place for commerce. This
> was a place for people to exchange ideas about Cornell's ever growing
> beta Product, to exchange code and come up with solutions for a living
> program. Not one that has a $100 price tag, that should have had them
> worked out before release.
> If I pissed you off what ever, I'm just sick of White Pine folk giving
> their answer as if it is the ONLY version. Give us back our Cornell
> list.
>
> Thanks
I don't see this. I allow for this opinion, however.
This list has always been attractive to a wide variety of people, some
skilled and some not. I think it would be a mistake to exclude anyone
who is interested even in the least in videoconferencing, no matter what
platform or developer. Perhaps you should step back and look at the
progress this list has helped to bring along over the time it has been
in existence.
We should put on the ftp server one of the original versions to compare.
I am sure it would indeed be amazing.
Just as an example, how many different cap cards were supported by the
earliest version?
So quit carping and start interacting!!!!!
--
What is a listserv?
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/cit-pubs/email/using-lists.html