Re: CORNELL as in Ithaca.....

Steve Edgar (se10@cornell.edu)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:30:19 -0500

At 04:12 PM 1/12/98 -0600, Jason Williams wrote:
[...]
>To be honest though, I've been on the listserv since late August and I
>have yet to see any posts from the Cornell development team. It would
>lead me to believe development has all but halted on the public Cornell
>releases.

Jason's observations are indeed correct. The workgroup at Cornell that
developed CU-SeeMe has been pursuing a "workstation telephony" research
project. CU-SeeMe has been shaped into various forms, but primarily for
internal use within the research project. Features like Asynchronous
Transfer Mode networking, Intel Indeo color, 16 bit stereo audio, and basic
telephone integration now exist. But such development has been specific to
the research project, as opposed to a general public release.

-- Steve.