Re: CORNELL as in Ithaca.....

Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:39:03 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Steve Edgar wrote:
> CU-SeeMe has been shaped into various forms, but primarily for
> internal use within the research project. Features like Asynchronous
> Transfer Mode networking, Intel Indeo color, 16 bit stereo audio, and basic
> telephone integration now exist. But such development has been specific to
> the research project, as opposed to a general public release.

Sounds fascinating...I can only assume all of that is only possible with
ATM and the bandwidth allocated for it. I, for one, would still like to
hear of advances of CU by the development team even if it is restricted to
internal use only.

I'd just like to see some of the quirks on the current public versions
worked out. Like on the Mac, the inability to display the MOTD multiple
times (renders MeetingPoint's herald command useless) and the 24
participant hardcoded participant limit.

On the PC version..would be nice to be able to tell the difference between
lurkers and people sending color vid. There's also some problems tracking
audio while on a reflector.

Ah well..it's good to have dreams... :) Now if we can just find some
programmers willing to take on the task of continuuing the support for the
Cornell freeware version.

Thanks for a nice FREE fairly bug free product :) (with a much simpler
interface BTW)