Re: Repeated failure installing downloaded CU-Seeme file

Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:50:11 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Jeagan Lee wrote:
> I downloaded a White Pine CU-SeeMe file from the White Pine
> homepage.They posted it as 10.4M CU31.exe file but after download I
> found it to be a 9.91M file.

Seeing as how it downloaded and you were able to run it, I don't think the
file itself was corrupted. It sounds more like a problem with the
install wizard.

The file "cu31.exe" that I have is 9.91 Mb (10,394,586 bytes)
I believe the differences between a Megabyte being 1000 KB or 1024 KB
explains the disparity.
On the web page, 1 Megabyte = 1000 KB so that's about 10.4 MB.
WIth win95, 1 Megabyte = 1024 KB so it's 9.91 MB

Make sure you have a TEMP variable set when you bootup.
I believe the InstallShield Wizard relies on a TEMP and/or TMP variable to
store tmp files while it's installing.

"set TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP"
"set TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP"