Re: reflector software?

Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:51:05 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Digisite wrote:
> Damn...and I almost bought the WP version 2.1 back in Feb96 when it was only
> $400.......now $2000-$20,000........guess thats ......progress?

Yep..I almost bought the 50 client WP2.0.1 reflector for $350..Now the 50
client MPCS is around $10,000 or so. Over 28 times the cost, but is there
28 times the improvement?

White Pine is making it clear that their reflector ISN'T for people who
just want an alternative to the Cornell or Enhanced Reflector.

> Know its been discussed b4 but I dont "really" like 3.x either........but I
> dont believe the 2.1.1 is available to purchase any longer......glad I got one
> while the gettin was good......

Sad thing is.. 2.1.2 fixed a few of the problems of the 2.1.1 client...Now
you can't get 2.1.2 anywhere on WP's site...I guess they are REALLY trying
to push 3.1 even though they don't realize that a lot of people would
gladly pay for 2.1.X.

On the other side of things, I can see why they'd prevent people from
getting 2.1.X seeing as how the private chat in 3.X isn't really
compatible with 2.1.X.

Speaking of 3.1...I dunno what White Pine did....but for some reason,
seeing users sending in grayscale on 3.1 is all but impossible unless
you're on 3.1 (and I've heard even then it can be quite difficult to see
3.1 grayscale users). Maybe it has to do with the quality settings, I
don't know. I see someone sending grayscale vid on 3.1 and have to
constantly close their vid and reopen to get any sort of picture.

Can anyone recommend a decent quality setting for 3.1 grayscale users so
they can be seen by everyone?