Re: Non-English version of Windows95 & Inatall Troubles?

Mon, 19 Jan 1998 04:43:56 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Jeagan Lee wrote:
> Mr.YN Kwan, probably from Hong Kong , works on a Chinese version
> of Windows95 and failing to install the same file. He also is saying
> that English version of Windows95 has no problem in installing the file.

This sounds more to me like a problem with the InstallShield Wizard used
to create the install disks for CU. I didn't realize there were separate
languages for it...but I'm willing to bet that's what it is. It's
unfortunate you can't download a self extracting executable and then use
winzip to run the setup.exe file inside it. That would allow you to
bypass some of the encoding...Or perhaps it was whatever created the self
extracting executable.. I know it doesn't work at all if I run winzip on
it...Some proprietary installer? dunno.