Re: is it possible to add/embed a cusm video feed into a netscape page?

Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:59:25 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, e wrote:
> is it possible to add embed cusm into a netscape page or other browser
> page? i am trying to set up a studio camera that is available for people,
> to go to my url and see my room live; through their browser.

Currently, the only way I know of to embed video from CU-SeeMe into a web
page is to use JavaCU..but that's limited to reflectors which have support
for NV enabled and also doesn't work quite well...I've seen it work a
little..but it was quite slow. JavaCU also has to run on the machine the
reflector is on I believe.

If you want live video on web page, check out one of the many webcams out
there that are built for that purpose. The one I've been playing around
with is Webcam32 (http://www.kolban.com/webcam32)
If you only want one person watching it, one feature that I like about
Webcam32 is the ability to use ServerPush. You can a frame every second
or so on a modem at 160x120.