Re: Problem with my local video

Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:38:07 -0600

Ken Buhagiar wrote:

> My brother and I have just installed Cornell's CU-seeme version VO.92 on
> our respective Windows 95 machines. We are each using B&W QuickCams.
> When we attempt to connect to each other, I can see him, but he cannot
> see me. I show up on his machine as a lurker, but he cannot receive my
> video.
>
> I suspect that the problem is on my end, for the following reasons:
>
> a) When I first start CU-Seeme, it takes about 90 seconds for the
> application to load (I'm running a Pentium 150 with 32 megs of memory)
> b) When I click on View - Preferences, I only have three index tabs
> (General, Rates, & Audio), whereas my brother has four (General, Rates,
> Audio, and Video)
> c) When I click on Phone Book, under Video Options, the Send Video
> selection is grayed out and cannot be changed.
>
> Could anyone out there please enlighten me as to how to remedy this
> frustrating situation?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Ken Buhagiar

problem is your computer is not seeing the right drivers. Did you try
rerunning the installs on Cu and QuickCam? Do QC first, but before you do
delete the files:
Windows\system\ CUSeeme.ini and Quickcam.ini.
Somebody else might have another way of doing this, but if you are not
familiar with editing your control files, you are safer to try doing this
first.
or try Bill Woodland's suggestion found at
http://www.indstate.edu/CU-SeeMe/devl_archives/oct_97/0143.html

--
What is a listserv?
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/cit-pubs/email/using-lists.html