Re: Mac OS 8

George M Bean (gbean@umich.edu)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:55:12 -0500

Dave,

I have three OS-8 workstations running Cornell CU-SeeMe version 0.87b3.
All three workstations are Apple, a 7100/80, a 6100/66AV and a IIsi. I
am currently using an NTSC camera connected to the Mac AV cards on both
Power Macs but I have also used B/W and color QuickCams. The IIsi has a
B/W Quickcam since it won't support a capture card. All three
installations went smoothly and came up on the first try. The only
problem I ran into was the ISDN connection between the 6100 and the
other two machines. My Cisco ISDN router was configured to do Port
Address Translation which is incompatible with CU-SeeMe. Once I switched
to a directly routed connection, all three workstations were able to
communicate.

What kind of problems are you experiencing? Are you getting local video
okay? How are you connecting to Earthlink? Is there a firewall or other
address translation device between your workstation and the Internet?

David & Julia Cowing wrote:

> Has anyone run cu-seeme on MacOS 8? I'm having problems connecting
> through cu-seeme on a power computing 225 running mac OS 8 (Earthlink
> is my ISP). Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Dave

regards,