Re: is it possible to add/embed a cusm video feed into a netscape page?

Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:22:27 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Douglas Macduff wrote:
> I asked this question a while ago and Mark answered me.
> With his help I was able to place a 535k avi on my homepage.

An AVI isn't live video like CU or a webcam provides...unless you are
updating and uploading the AVI every few minutes or something.

> I read the help file and was able to use a frame rate of 8
> while reducing the picture size to the smallest (for easy loading and
> better fram rate).

Yep...capturing vid (or a portion of the screen) is what programs like
SnagIt/32 do best..gives a nice static video.

> <embed src="amboseli.avi" HEIGHT=260 WIDTH=400
> CONTROLLER=FALSE LOOP=true
> alt="movie">

If I recall, that may only work on Netscape...dunno, I haven't kept up
with all the embedding techniques.