Re: A challenge

Sat, 24 Jan 1998 03:27:51 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Derald Grimwood wrote:
> I've got an unusual idea. It's probably not possible, but I'd love it if
> it was. I have a Mac 660AV which has built in audio and video, but its
> only a 680040 running OS 7.1 (which means I can't use the new White
> Pines version of CU-SEEME unless I upgrade).

Why not just the Cornell version on the Mac that has the video? A lot
cheaper :)

> I'm networked to my Pentium 133 via PC MACLAN which has no video at all.
> Can I somehow stream the video from my Macintosh over my network to the
> Pentium 133 and use it as a "virtual" Video Input Device that the
> Windows Version of Cornell CU-SEEME (and hopefully any other
> application) would recognize as video input?

Why not just get a quickcam for the P-133? :)

If you can use some cross-platform version of PC anywhere or something to
get a virtual desktop on the PC from the Mac end, it's not hard to use
CU-Doodle to capture a section of the screen to send over CU.