Re: Connectix QuickCam VC

Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:19:07 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Eric Ochoa [NOL Staff] wrote:
> Obviously you have not seen my B&W video recently, as it is very
> acceptable in v3.1, which btw.. i don't even see mention of anywhere in
> the question yet you seem to be eager to bash it :P As far as the rest of
> your comment about color goes, I'll ignore it.

Eric, I was referring to 3.1's rendering of B&W for the Quickcam VC in
particular. I've heard numerous reports of the VC's horrible B&W quality
with 3.1. It's not a function of the software (in this case)...3.1's
normal grayscale quality is ok. Now if someone can explain the quality
setting for grayscale in 3.1, maybe I can figure out why 3.1 grayscale
users can't be seen very well by anyone NOT using 3.1.