Re: mac/netscape/cusee me

Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:33:57 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, daniel taylor wrote:
> Just a quick note to let Mark know that the embeded vid at
> http://www.taponline.com is on a mac.

It's too bad they no longer use CU for their virtual dorms like the used
to...My guess is CU wasn't as scalable as they'd like..but I dunno.

Netscape does have the ability to server push images straight to the
client...Webcam32 on the PC can use this feature..I've seen upwards to 1
frame a second or so..My guess is with more bandwidth, it would work much
better. It's not very scalable either with unicasting having to duplicate
all the packets for each person wishing to watch. I'm not sure if there
are any Mac webcams which take advantage of server push for streaming vid.