Re: Winnov video problem

Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:20:18 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> got black screen....drivers were not present in phillips disk...
> Phillips was not reachable for help....winnov was prompt with help but
> wanted $50 for software (new release). Computer geeks staff directed me
> to older winnov software that works fantastic...

>From what I remember reading in comp.dcom.videoconf concerning the
Phillips Easycam and the Winnov cam is that Phillips using extremely old
drivers that aren't full 32 bit..while Winnov's drivers are full 32 bit
and much newer. Winnov also has an update to their drivers coming out
(which explains the $50). It's quite interesting to hear Winnov helping
out when Phillips wouldn't. Robert Scoble at Winnov has mentioned in
the past that Winnov doesn't support the Phillips card.

Glad it got worked out though :)