is it possible to add/embed a cusm video feed into a netscape

Mark Andrew Nassy (nassy@earthlink.net)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:31:19 -0500

At 3:10 AM -0500 on 1/29/98, CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu wrote:

> Topics covered in this issue include:

> 10) is it possible to add/embed a cusm video feed into a netscape
> page/with macintosh in mind
> by Mark Andrew Nassy <nassy@earthlink.net>

> ------------------------------

> From: Mark Andrew Nassy <nassy@earthlink.net>
> To: CU-SEEME-L <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: is it possible to add/embed a cusm video feed into a netscape
> page/with macintosh in mind

> > thanx for all the help with this, i have received many great suggestions
> > and seen some cool pages. however, most have been from windows users;
> > their are more options with windows for live video delivery, it is an
> > easier task with windows......to put live streaming video on a page. how
> > about some mac users and their ideas?

> its been a while since ive tried this. so i may b off on some of the details.

> so i was never able to view the video and ive since lost the link. as far
> as i know neither mac or ms windows support video like that then and now. i
> think both of these oses simulate live video by using a series of pictures
> or combining a series of images into a movie or just uploading a movie.
> correct me some1 if im wrong. (real video doesnt count.)

> if u dont mind using a series of images to simulate video then u can try
> the following.

> Mark Andrew Nassy, <MAILTO:nassy@earthlink.net>

i was surfing the web and noticed SiteCam for the macintosh.

http://www.rearden.com/

It looks as though this program may suit ur needs. it also seems to have
the server push that was mentioned in followups to ur initial querry.

there seem to b some sort of connection with the program and java and the
program is able to do streaming video with server push. this may b an
application u may wish to consider.

Mark Andrew Nassy, <MAILTO:nassy@earthlink.net>