Re: Address Error on 840 AV

Jay Gellman (cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu)
Sun, 24 Jul 1994 17:14:52 -0400

John Poteat writes:

> I just got a copy of 070b5 and the sound manager extention that
>goes with it. I put the sound manager extention in the extention
>folder and restarted my MAC. When the MAC was restarting it got
>up to the sound manager extention and came up with a bomb dialog and
>said that the sound manager extention had a address error.

You do not need the Sound Manager 3.0 extension on AV Macs and Power Macs--
those models have Sound Manager 3.0 built into their ROM. The same should
hold true for the 500-series PowerBooks as well.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro fone: +64-7-856-2889
Info & Tech Services Division fax: +64-7-838-4066
University of Waikato electric mail: ldo@waikato.ac.nz
Hamilton, New Zealand 37^ 47' 26" S, 175^ 19' 7" E, GMT+12:00