Re: 2 reflectors in same subdomain?

James Hill (jamesh@161.33.3.2)
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 14:00:40 -0400

In message <199407251622.JAA11132@uclink.berkeley.edu> Thomas C. O'Brien writes:
> Hi folks,
>
> With the help of several of people on this list (thanks again!), I managed
> to get the multicast patches for SUN OS installed and the SUN up as a
> CUSeeMe reflector in almost no time.
>
> The problem is (maybe I missed something) that when we re-created the
> kernel on machine #1 it worked fine, when we created the kernel on machine
> #2 (in the same subdomain), it worked; but machine #1 now gives:
>
> bind error port : Address already in use: FATAL ERROR: EXITING
>
> whenever I try to run reflect. Is it possible (or just plain dumb) to run
> two machines in the same subdomain? Does the multicast kernel creation
> bind some port that both machines share, thus killing #1's binding when #2
> compiles?
>
> when re-creating the kernel, we put the machine's IP for:
> Enter local tunnel endpoint address [128.32.163.118]:
>
> We just hit enter for
> Enter peer address providing tunnel:
>

> Any ideas/suggestions are most welcome,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom O'Brien
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Thomas C. O'Brien
> Instructional Technology Coordinator
> Academic Achievement Division
> 2515 Channing Way
> UC Berkeley
> Berkeley CA 94720

> tomo@uclink.berkeley.edu</a>
> (510) 643-9569

It sounds like to me that you still have the refmon program running when you try
to start the reflector....it doesn't like that. Kill refmon and try again.....:)

--JGH--

James Hill | IRC = Card on #ITV
jamesh@qms.com | CU-Seeme reflector = 161.33.3.1
QMS, Inc. | (now with the new reflector)
205-639-3274 | Pax Vobiscum Amicus