Re: Mac Lurker Problems

Peter W. Foltz (pfoltz+@pitt.edu)
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 12:47:56 -0400

On Thu, 28 Jul 1994, James Hill wrote:
> The "push-to-talk" is just used when SENDING audio, it has no effect on
> receiving sound. Make sure that your sound level (on the Mac) is turned up and
> that you are using Sound Manager 3.0 (an extension available from Apple's FTP
> site). The bomb you get when trying to use sound is a known bug, it seems to
> happen with users who don't have video capture boards installed. Cornell is
> working on the problem. In the mean time, you can use Maven with CU to be able
> to send audio (if you have a mic that is). Maven is available from k12.cnidr.org

Does this mean that there is a way to use Maven to connect to someone
running CU-seeme? We have the case of one person with a video setup and
one person who doesn't so we would like to send video and audio in one
direction and just audio in the other. The only way possible now seems to
run both CU-seeme and maven at the same time on both machines.

Thanks,
Peter Foltz

Peter W. Foltz (412) 648-9558
643 LRDC pfoltz+@pitt.edu