Re: Problems with a docked duo

ode (ode@charlie.cns.iit.edu)
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 14:54:56 -0500 (CDT)

slow response from a reflector may be due to network traffick
on your providers backbone

try connecting to a reflector that is truly local

It may also be load on your reflector machine (if its running other progs)

I have a Sun SPARC 2 reflector and have connected to a cu-seeme station
over a T1 and seen sustained rates of 200kbps and very high rates
for very short periods (955Kbps and 500fps)on a video stream which didnt
have any movement in the frame.

around 90kbps gives an acceptable monochrome video stream, at 200kbps
the audio is not too bad either.