Re: Forward: what is this status mean?

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Wed, 03 Jul 1996 18:00:50 -0700

At 08:36 PM 7/3/96 -0400, TERASYU@gnn.com wrote:

>Dear folks;
>
> I'm using ECU 16Bit on Win95J with GNN, and like as many
>are worrying, the sound capability is terrible. Last time I
>talked with Japan, I checked the status of my receiving, then
>the result was below;
>
> Rcv'd
>Packet 1780
>KBytes 64
>Bytes/pkt 35
>Lost pkts 3591
> 66.7%
>
>My machine has i486DX 33M /w 24Mram ISA + 8bit SB comp. half
>duplex sound card. Please let me know what the status means.
>
> thanks,
> Osamu Tearao

Kunichiwa, Osamu-san,

If what you want is SOUND, you really should not count on CUSeeMe. Try
Internet Phone, or another audio product, instead. You will have much better
results. What you might try is running the two applications
simultaneously... one for audio, the other for video. WIth 24MB of RAM, it
should be sufficient unless Win95J uses considerably more than the English
version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dennis

Systems Consultant | CIS: 71036,1645
| web: www.usr.mobius.net/strev
-Future Technologies in Medicine / | CUSeeMe: ws1.streveler.xo.com
Methodologies | 415 469-9476 fax