Re: Comments about Connectix Color Quick Cam

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Thu, 4 Jul 1996 22:28:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Ra=FAl Castro wrote:

> Could any of you make a review about the convenience of buying a Quick=20
> Color Cam from Connectix versus a B&W? I got a 486 DX4 100 Mhz with 16=20
> Megs of RAM and about to decide which to buy for using CU-seeme.

Don't get it - it sucks! Unless you have ISDN, color will be painfully
slow and at this point it's not properly supported by the most popular
video-conferencing software (incl. CUSM). Get the B&W, or better yet -
get a capture board to hook to your camcorder and VCR for added fun.

Just on this list about a week ago someone said he's returning the color
QC cuz the compression scheme on the color QM isn't currently supported by
CUSM. Who knows when, if ever, it'll be supported...

Ron