Re: Using camcorder with laptop computer

The mad Scientist! (
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 16:29:19 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Sat, 6 Jul 1996 wrote:

> Hello list,
> Can anyone tell me if there is some kind of interface box that
> will allow me to hook a camcorder (with standard NTSC outputs) into the
> parallel/kb ports of a laptop computer similar to the way the QuickCam is
> attached. If there is none, why not? Seems like a "natural". TIA for
> any help. -JRG

It's called a video capture board, and it plugs into a bus slot on your
motherboard, rather than a parallel port. I don't know much about
hardware bandwidths. but I would assume that even the old ISA bus would
have a bigger bandwidth than a parallel port.