RE: cu-seeme with black local video window

Scott Overholser (sover@Exchange.Microsoft.com)
Tue, 9 Jul 1996 10:37:56 -0700

thanks all for the many replies to my post. i stayed up late last nite
and solved the problem.

after i installed the system 7.5.3 update, whitepine's demo version
worked fine for me. it required a bit of tweeking since whitepine
didn't pick up my s-video automagically - i had to poke around in the
preferences to set the video source.

after that, all was well.

i did try to get the cornell ppc version to run. it had the same
problem as before - black video. there doesn't seem to be a way using
the cornell version to select video source. to be fair, i didn't look
very hard.

thanks again all!

scotto

p.s. a couple of folks mentioned that they were interested in updating
to 7.5.3. it's pretty easy to download the net install update from
apple's ftp site (picard.austin.apple.com) in the directory
/Apple.Support.Area/Apple.Software.Area/US/Macintosh/System_7.5_Update_2
.0 (don't quote me on that dir path. it's pretty close though). the
net install works great for installing from the hard drive. it's 22mb
though - start before bed :) it took me 7 hours with 28.8. it sure
beats ordering a cd or floppies.