Re: Ghosthostname

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 21:45:08 -0500

At 05:53 PM 7/14/96 PDT, you wrote:
>I just installed Cuseeme onto my computer, but it doesn't work. I keep
>getting a message "Ghosthostname0*.*" not found. I tried creating
>a file named hosts and put my DNS and host name in it but it still
>doesn't work.This file is located in cuseeme dir. along with Iexplore dir.
>Can anyone please help me with this problem. I'm running a 486 IBM
>compatible computer under win 3.1.Thanx for any help!
>
>-Bill Hagerstrand

Sounds like you did some homework, at least. What tcp stack do you use?
trumpet? Chameleon? What dir is winsock.dll in? what dir is the hosts.
file in?

Your DNS is NOT the number that needs to be in the hosts file...your IP
address is what needs to be there. The hosts file shouldn't be in the
cuseeme dir, but in the same dir that winsock.dll is in.

I have a section on my web page that might help you with this. If you don't
get it figured out after reading that section, let me know and I'll try to
help you get it fixed.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe