Re: Using camcorder with laptop computer (addition)

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 18:38:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Bill Woodland wrote:

> Try using the snappy in addition to CUDOODLE. CUDOODLE can be found at
> ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ne/neisius
>
> CUDOODLE captures a section of the screen and sends it out as if it came
> from a video device. Use the snappy software to get your video on the
> screen, and move it so it is under the CUDOODLE capture area. I did this
> with my captivator card program, and it worked just fine.

NO WAY!! That's too cool! :) I know it "should work" for Snappy, but
does it really? Does anyone out there have a Snappy capture-box and is
running CUDOODLE+CU-SeeMe on Win95???

I'm going to RUN to the store and get a Snappy upon such wonderful news.
Who needs annoying capture cards inside my machine when with a Snappy I
can videoconference from any friend/relative's house just by
installing the software!!!!

Thank you kindly,
Ron

P.S., please don't recommend the quickcam to me cuz I want to be able to
send output from my aud/vis mixer that with the addition of my VGA2TV-box
does some cool cool stuff (e.g. put my face in a little circle on the
corner of the screen while u look at my desktop as I run a slideshow of my
favorite jpg's, etc etc)