Re:where'd my typed text go???

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 21:26:12 -0500

>Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 12:54:31 GMT
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: jim.howard@howard.net (Jim Howard)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: where'd my typed text go???
>
>-> From: "J.R." <iceman@ici.net>
>-> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>-> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 00:35:48 -0400
>-> Subject: where'd my typed text go???
>->
>-> All of sudden when I type text in the chat box I get no reply. It's
>-> being typed in there and I can see it, nobody else seems to see it.
>->
>-> Can ANYONE help with this please?
>->
>-> Thanks John
>
> I ALSO have had the problem last night. It was only on one ref
>however.. I maybe a bug in the ref software.
> Also I have been on a ref for hours and no one would type anything
>in a chat box. I had one person tell me if he wanted to chat he would
>use IRC! Of course that is a stupid comment.
>
>jim

No, Jim, not so stupid. If you are on a 28.8 modem and set your trans/rec
max to 15-19, you have enough bandwidth left over for IRC, and at least you
can be guaranteed that your text will get to the other end.

I used to do that all the time, before the PC version got the chat window.
That's why I started my IRC channel...so we could meet on IRC and decide
which ref to go to to see each other while we chatted, and it worked great.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/