Re:Chat Window problems

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 22:35:33 -0500

>Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 21:56:34 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: pounders@why.net (pounders)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Chat Window problems
>
>I'm using the Cornell version .84b7. I'm showing as Captain Nemo in the
>Preferences Name field and on the participants list, but as Tom Servo on
>the chat window. My cuseeme.ini file includes a name=Captain Nemo field
>but doesn't have a Tom Servo or chat name field. What's the deal here.
> I've changed the name field in as many different configurations as I
>can think of. Also, is there a list of special chat commands, such as
>how do you get typed messages on the picture? Thanks.
>--
>Tracy A. Pounders, esq
>Attorney at Law
>pounders@why.net
>http://www.why.net/home/pounders/

First I've heard of that one, except that I did see someone in the
participants list with one name, and another name in the chat window ONCE.

My first thought is to completely delete the c:\windows\cuseeme.ini file,
and the next time you run CU it will be recreated. Don't forget to adjust
your transmit and receive maximum settings when you enter your nickname for
the new ini information.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you might think very seriously of BUYING
the White Pine version. It has many enhancements over the Cornell version,
including better codecs and a much nicer phone book (reflector setup list)
which allows for a conference number for those neato private reflectors of
which some people are members.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe