Re:dual set up.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 01:00:48 -0500

>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 19:04:24 -0400
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: gwd <controller@worldnet.att.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: dual set up.
>
>Has anyone set up both the color and b&w quickcam. If so how did you
>handle it. I have been toying with the idea but thought maybe someone
>brighter than me has already done it. Care to share? Thanks

I haven't done this YET, but I would THINK that a second parallel port would
be the best solution, although the way the quickcam driver detects the
camera is to poll the lpt ports one by one, so it may never find the one on
the SECOND parallel port, if it finds one on the FIRST parallel port. If
the b&w and the color quickcams send out a different type of acknowledgment
when polled, then there's a very good chance that this would work.

If anyone out there has done this, please email the list and tell us all
about it. White Pine? Have YOU FOLKS tried this yet?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe